High fat diets - healthier than low fat (finally it's out there)
If you read my articles regularly you will have read why we need fat to burn fat and why low fat foods are full of sugars and chemicals that can lead us to want more of them and actually get fatter.
- Fat makes food taste AWESOME
- Fat can improve our energy levels
- Fat supports our health and hormones
- Fat helps us absorb nutrients
- Fat gives us important nutrients
Fat makes food taste AWESOME
and it gives us important nutrients...
Fats are essential to our health.
Some examples of healthy fats that I strongly recommend you eat with one or two meals per day are:
- Coconut oil for cooking with
- Real butter
- Mixed nuts and seeds
- Nut butter (eg, almond, hazelnut, peanut, cashew nut)
Remember - Fat is not and never has been the enemy!