Big Weight Loss Mistakes that you could be making #1
If you are a regular reader of my articles, you will know that I really do not like the word 'diet' when used in relation to what we 'allow' ourselves to eat.
I have been a real promoter of 'not dieting' for many years now, and for me nothing has changed.
I believe 100% wholeheartedly in helping people to create a lifestyle that has HEALTH as its absolute number one priority because - with HEALTH comes FAT LOSS.
When it comes to getting healthy and getting into great shape, there are 3 main mistakes that are
holding people back from getting the results that they want and here is the first...
Eating LESS and exercising MORE
This is the most common ‘diet’ myth.
- Did you know that this approach actually lowers thyroid function?
- Did you know it can actually INCREASE the demand on your adrenals and make cravings and hunger even more difficult to control?
Sure, this approach will work in the short term, but it has devastating effects on metabolism over the long term. Repeated bouts of dieting can lead to and INCREASE in body fat over time – the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve.
Try the ‘non-dieting’ approach for yourself.
- Instead of focusing on calories and what the scales say, focus on eating for health. Look at the quality of your food rather than just its calorific value.
- Try to eat a predominantly wholefood diet rich in fresh fruits, vegetables, good protein sources like fish, meat and fresh eggs. Make sure you eat some healthy fats too – avocados are awesome.
- Cook with real butter, ghee or coconut oil and dress foods with a good quality olive oil.
- Aim to eat 3 good meals a day and limit snacking. Of course, it goes without saying that you also need to make sure you drink enough clean fresh water. Aim for a minimum of 2 litres per day, more if you have an active lifestyle.
Let us know how you get on and look out for mistake #2 on our blog...